“The opposite of fear is love. Love of the challenge. Love of the work. The pure joyous passion to take a shot at our dream and see if we can pull it off.”
– Steven Pressfield
This episode is a little bit different. Instead of me interviewing a guest, we did a collaborative podcast.
What is a collaborative podcast? Well, let me tell you.
On this episode, Calvin Simpson, Paul Lam and I sit down to tell you about taking a shot at our dreams.
In the last 2 years, all 3 of us have started podcasts. We’ve put aside the conventional and decided to travel down the path less travelled.
In this episode, we share about our journey thus far and what it’s like being digital entrepreneurs.
Backstory For This Episode
Recently the three of us were part of a mastermind group. For 4 months we all met online every week to learn from our coach, Jay Wong.
Jay runs the Innerchange Maker podcast and has revenue of +$100,000/annually so he’s the type of mentor we knew could learn a lot from.
As Tony Robbins says, instead of figuring everything out yourself, find someone who has cracked the riddle and model them. That was exactly the point of this mastermind.
At the end of meeting online for 4 months, the three of us thought it would be a great idea to meet in person. We decided to all meet in Toronto to see Jayson Gaignard speak on ‘How to Build a 7 Figure Business Through Networking’.
So that’s what we did. We booked an AirBnb, made travel plans and met in Toronto.
When we finally gathered we thought it would be great to have all three of us do a podcast together. Because if 3 podcasters meet under one roof, what else would we do?
7 Things You’ll Learn
- Why not you?
- How to meet the most amount of people at networking events and get out of conversations you don’t want to be in
- How fear is connected to your self-worth
- The amount of money you need to retire (and it depends all based on how luxurious a lifestyle you want but there is still a set way to figure out this number)
- Why we each love podcasting
- Who are “Unsong Heros” and why you should celebrate them
- The most important messages we want to share with the world
- And much, much more.
We want to hear from you. So message us to let us know your thoughts on this episode.
Mentioned in the Podcast
- Paul Lam – Pathhunters Podcast
- Calvin Simpson – Pursuit of Life Through the Eyes of a Smile
- Jay Wong – Inner Changemaker
- Jayson Gaignard
- Do the Work – Steven Pressfield
- Jean “Makes Mean Suits” – Fari Hara
- Johnny F D – Digital Nomad
- Tim Ferriss interview with Mr. Money Mustache
- Alexi Panos
- Preston Smiles
- Paul’s Interview with Chris Guillebeau
- My interview with Preston Smiles
- Calvin’s interview with Amy Collvin
- Mark Groves interview