Who is my guest for this episode?
On episode 15 of Your Next Chapter I had the fortunate pleasure of sitting down with Ally Pintucci. Ally is one of the founders of When in Doubt Love and in this episode we dive into self-love.
Why did I bring Ally onto the show?
I brought Ally onto to the show because she is a beautiful human being, who like all of us has had her ups and downs.
Ally discusses how she was able to lose 70 pounds through a determined lifestyle change. She focused on eating better and incorporating a variety of workouts into her daily life. Though having a lot of success physically, mentally this took a toll on her.
She talks about how the sudden drop in weight caused her to have body dysmorphia. Ally gets raw by sharing her personal inner struggles and what she’s done to start having a more loving relationship with herself again.
Ally has used her experiences to help create When In Doubt Love, whose goal is to make us all realize that love and doubt can co-exist. It’s to remind us that we can’t control necessarily how we feel – but we can choose how we react towards ourselves and others, and hopefully it’s from a place of love.
Dive into the episode to hear more.
In this episode you will learn:
- how to respond positively to adverse feelings
- how to identify why you don’t feel well
- what is body dysmorphia and how Ally is dealing with it
- the importance of being your #1 fan
- the thing holding you back from loving others
- the first step to having a more loving relationship with yourself
“You can’t give love, affection and support to everyone else if you can’t love yourself.”
– Ally Pintucci
Mentioned in the Podcast:
- Ally’s definition of success @3:17
- How Ally identified the changes she needed to make @7:30
- What is body dysmorphia @12:37
- The importance of being your #1 fan @15:18
- The thing holding you back from loving others @17:25
- How to respond positively to adverse feelings @29:17
- There is no such things as diets, it’s how you live your life @34:14
- Set yourself up for success @42:23
- Ally’s involvement with Chasing Sunrise @43:04
- It’s not about quitting your life, but it is about being happy @47:59
- The first step to having a more loving relationship with yourself @52:12